I am such a book foodie. I will eat and eat while reading. Chips, milkshakes, you name it. And for this Super Saturday, I will share with you some of my favorite eats.
1. Lemon-honey Ice Tea (Homemade)
Yasss. Delight in a tall glass cup, and I can pretend I’m drinking vodka or something. Perfect for a sweltering summer’s day right after a couple of hours of full hard tennis. Ahh, the delight.
How to make it:
- Put about three to four raspberries (or any berries, your choosing) in each compartment of an ice cube tray. Freeze.
- Mix two cups of water with 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped ginger and 1/3 cup of honey and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer for about five minutes.
- Turn off heat and add six green or white tea bags. Steep for thirty minutes to one hour.
- Strain out solids and add 6 cups of water and some squeezed lemon (I usually use about two or three squirts, tasting until I get it right) to the mixture.
- Take the ice cubes from the freezer and use to chill. Enjoy!
(Courtesy of Food Network)
2. Chobani Mix Yogurt
I absolutely adore the wonderful goodness of those square mix yogurts, especially the salted caramel flavor. Every time I go to Tom Thumb, I will buy, like, ten of those.
3. Coconut Water
Any kind will do. I prefer sweet water over regular water. What’s the fun in that? Coconut water is my FREAKING LIFE.
4. Berry Yogurt Parfait (Homemade)
I use plain yogurt, such as Greek yogurt, and stir in some spoonfuls of sugar. I layer blueberries and/or raspberries along with the mixture. And then I enjoy.